Saturday, March 7, 2009

Long time no see......

So life has a way of making time get away from you and when you throw in writer's block and the fact that I am not an 'amateur-crastintator' I am 'PRO-crastinator' it easily gets to be 2 months since my last post.

Lots has happened since January. We finished our birthing class and, luckily for me , had no new horrifying revelations of what we are going to be experiencing during the birth. The image of the placenta still haunts me. I fear the 'melon' aisle at the supermarket to this day. We learned some breathing techniques that hopefully will come in handy during birth if I can remember them while my hand turns purple and starts to wither away from lack of circulation as Danielle is clamped to it. Hee-Hee-Hoo. Thats what I remember mostly. Hopefully it helps.

Danielle had a wonderful baby shower where DLB recieved more presents than the next 5-6 Christmas's combined! She had a wonderful time with all her friends and family and was lucky enough to be able to have it mostly outside in the most perfect Arizona February weather. Of course, since the sex of the baby is still a mystery, we received most of the baby clothes in "neutral" yellows and greens, so itwill looks like our baby is celebrating springtime until next November. The clothes are incredibly cute and adorable but I can't help but wonder who thought up the idea that yellows and greens are neutral? I myself have never worn light yellow or pastel green. In my short 36 years on this planet I don't think I ever remember hanging out with my friends, kicking back in our lilac jeans and looking cool in our egg yolk yellow dyed leather jackets. Maybe I just hung out with the wrong crowd for that. Tuly the only 'neutral' color I can think of is black, but I don't see Danielle putting our baby in miniature versions of the clothes that I would have worn in high school. Do they make ripped jeans for babies?

More later, I'm off to work, to pay for all the new pink or blue clothes we'll need. And formula. And diapers. And toys. And shoes. And doctor's bills. And a billion other things I can't even fathom yet.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

GOOD LUCK GUYS!!! I'm just up the street if you need anything. Give me a call (or text is prob easier) when we know the answer to the 9 month old question "WHAT SEX IS IT?" and yes all the other juicy details!!!! YES ALL OF THEM! We will be thinking of you.

Remember an induction is the longest most boring hours/day/week of your life. Take books, pocket poker, cards, word searches and the laptop!!!! Otherwise you will be bald before the baby gets here. Hint hint the laptop lets you look up those big words the drs. and nurses are using. Its also the easiest way to send out pictures and updates and to update the blog too! Who cares if there are 473 posts a hour from you. It gives us something to read!

Shelley, Jay, Zach and Luke